Simple Solution to Drug Disposal – Powerful Protection for Your Loved Ones.
- Safe And Easy Drug Disposal Solution For Your Expired Prescription Medicines
- Child Safe Design
- Drug Disposal for Household, Clinic And Hospital Applications
- An Environmentally Responsible Solution To Drug Disposal
What Happens to the Medications?
The Pill Terminator is a safe, easy, and affordable form of drug disposal, eliminating unwanted or unused prescription medications.
Over four billion prescriptions were filled at retail pharmacies in the United States in 2018. That’s an average of 12 prescriptions per person.
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), over 100 people die each day due to an overdose of prescription drugs. The CDC also estimates that 70,000 children are rushed each hospital emergency rooms each year due to accidental consumption of prescription medications. The Pill Terminator was designed to help avoid such cases of accidental drug overdose.
Approximately the size of a soda can, the Pill Terminator eliminates up to 300 medium sized pills or their equivalent, safely removing expired or unwanted prescription drugs from the family medicine cabinet.
Flushing medicine down the toilet can cause serious environmental problems, allowing harmful compounds to enter the water system. By using the Pill Terminator drug disposal system, one can avoid causing environment damage that can occur by simply throwing the medication away or flushing them down the toilet.
Pill Terminator also helps avoid accidental consumption and abuse of prescription medications.
Pill Terminator has a solid plastic case and a child resistant cap to protect your family and the environment.
How it works.
- Place the expired or unwanted medications in the bottle and add warm water
- Close the child resistant cap and shake well for five seconds
- Throw the container into the trash
The Pill Terminator solution will begin physically destroying the medications and denaturing their chemical composition. Once activated with warm water, the Pill Terminator solution will turn into a gel like substance which has an unpleasant taste and odor (undetectable when the unit is sealed.) This will present a strong deterrent to avoid human or animal consumption. Do not reopen the Pill Terminator container.
The whole process is easy and takes a few seconds and best of all – Pill Terminator is very affordable.
What are the EPA / FDA Guidelines?
EPA / FDA guidelines indicate disposing of the drugs in the household trash following these steps.
- Remove the medication from their original containers and mix them with an undesirable substance, such as used coffee grounds or cat litter. (This will make the drugs less appealing to children or pet and unrecognizable to people who may intentionally go through the trash seeking unused drugs).
- Place the mixture in a sealable bag, empty can or other container to prevent the drug from breaking out of the garbage bag.